CBD and South East Light Rail construction is expanding in Kingsford this week,
with a new worksite being established in the centre of Anzac Parade between Barker Street and Rainbow Street. The attached notification, distributed to your customers in the local area, provides additional information about the work.
From 7pm on Friday 19 August, the following changes to traffic conditions will be implemented:
- All parking will be removed from both sides of Anzac Parade between Barker and Rainbow streets, and a 24 hour clearway introduced
- North and southbound bus lanes between Barker Street and Rainbow Street will cease to be bus lanes and become general traffic lanes
- The right turns from Anzac Parade southbound to Strachan Street and Borrodale Road will be prohibited
- Middle Street will be closed at Anzac Parade.
Access to buildings, driveways and pedestrian footpaths will be maintained. Access for local traffic and emergency services will also be maintained at all times.
Drivers are also advised to allow extra travel time on Anzac Parade. For the latest information about traffic conditions, visit livetraffic.com or download the Live Traffic NSW App.
Randwick City Council has introduced new loading zones on most cross streets off Anzac Parade to assist deliverers and other service providers. These zones are active between 7am and 5pm, Monday to Saturday.
- Barker Street - southern side, west of Anzac Parade
- Strachan Street – northern side, west of Anzac Parade
- Borrodale Road – northern side, west of Anzac Parade
- Middle Street – northern side, east of Anzac Parade
Visit the Roads and Maritime Services website to find out about loading zone rules, including the 30 minute time limit.
Other areas near Anzac Parade have been changed to timed parking zones. For more detail about these spaces and loading zones, download the Kingsford time limit parking changes map from Randwick City Council’s website.
Visit the MySydney website to get the latest information on the upcoming changes across the CBD and south east. You can also find detailed notifications for all current works at http://sydneylightrail.transport.nsw.gov.au/