Master Plumbers Association of NSW is one of the strongest specialist contracting organisations in the building and construction industry and is a highly active and vocal body in trade related matters.
One of its main functions is to lobby vigorously on behalf of its membership in protecting and promoting the interests of the Plumbing Industry.
In 2001 the Association changed its working name to Master Plumbers Association of NSW, it has maintained its official name Master Plumbers & Mechanical Contractors Association of NSW and the well-known logo Hygeia for ceremonial purposes.
As a truly representative body, Master Plumbers Association of NSW is guided in terms of its direction, policy and member services by the requirements and wishes of its members.
Our members are represented in a range of committees, including the Executive Committee, the elected governing body, through various industry sector group committees and operations sub-committees.
The Association actively participates in a range of Industry and Government Committees including:
- Standards Australia – a range of sub committees
- NSW Fair Trading – Licencing and Plumbing Regulation
- Skills Point Construction – TAFE NSW
- Training Services NSW – NSW Department of Education
- Building Reform Expert Panel (BREP) – Department of Customer Service NSW
- Apprenticeship Employment Network (AEN) NSW & ACT
- Apprenticeship Engagement Forum (ITAB)
- Service NSW
- Industry Skills Reference Group – TAFE NSW
- Australian Construction Industry Redundancy Trust (ACIRT)
- Australian Building Codes Board (ABCB)
- Infrastructure NSW
- Safe Work NSW
- National Building Specification (NATSPEC)
- Artibus Innovation (Skills Council)
- Fair Work Australia and Fairwork Ombudsman