Master Plumbers Association of NSW is one of the strongest specialist contracting organisations in the building and construction industry and is a highly active and vocal body in trade related matters.
One of its main functions is to lobby vigorously on behalf of its membership in protecting and promoting the interests of the Plumbing Industry.
In 2001 the Association changed its working name to Master Plumbers Association of NSW, it has maintained its official name Master Plumbers & Mechanical Contractors Association of NSW and the well known logo Hygeia for ceremonial purposes.
As a truly representative body, Master Plumbers Association of NSW is guided in terms of its direction, policy and member services by the requirements and wishes of its members.
Our members are represented in a range of committees, including the Executive Committee, the elected governing body, through various industry sector group committees, operations sub-committees, and Regional Branches located in key regional centres in NSW.
The Association actively participates in a range of Industry and Government Committees including:
- Backflow Prevention
- ACIRT (Australian Construction Industry Redundancy Trust)
- Construction Payments Group
- Fair Trading
- Employers Federation
- LPG Installations
- CUPDR (Committee on Uniformity of Plumbing & Drainage Regulations)
- CPSC (NSW DPWS Construction Policy Steering Committee)
- Standards Australia
- SIA (Stormwater Industry Association)
- Sydney Water Consultative Committee
- Training reports
- Workskill Australia
- CPSISC (the National Skills Counicl)
Regular Branch Meetings are held in the following regional areas:
- Wollongong - Illawarra
Annual Election of Office Bearers
Each year an election is held for the management committee. As a registered industrial organisation, this election is governed by the Australian Electoral Office.
Association Privacy Statement
From 12 March 2014, new privacy laws took effect regarding how we collect and use personal information.
"Master Plumbers Association of NSW will continue to receive record and retain personal information for operational purposes and as always will respect your privacy.
- Under no circumstance will your details be forwarded to a third party without your prior consent.
- We value you as a loyal member, and will continue to make it easier for you to do business, and assist you in any way we can.