Plumbing as a Career
What does a Plumber do?
Modern society, in which large numbers of people live together in relatively small areas, succeeds in no small measure because of its high standards of water supply and liquid waste disposal services. Plumbers are essential in the design, fabrication and installation of these services.
There are two main types of licensed plumber:
It is also common that you may find a plumber that does both types of work.
Some of the work plumbers complete can be summarised into:
- Building and repairing of Water supply to all types of buildings
- Building and repairing of Sewerage to all types of buildings
- Building and repairing of Water supply to all types of buildings of metal roofs, gutters, down-pipes and roof flashings
- The installation of soil and waste disposal systems
- Building and repairing of Water supply to all types of buildings Mechanical service equipment (e.g. boilers for heating, air conditioning and ventilating of buildings)
- The Installation of Hot water services (domestic and commercial)
- The installation of Fire protection services, steamlines, oil, spirit and air lines to buildings e.g. factories, hospitals, laboratories, refineries etc.
- The installation of Gas services (domestic and commercial)
- The Installation of Drainage systems, (Stormwater and sewage)
- The installation of Septic systems, tanks, pumps and other special installations